SAFETY FIRST — REPORT VIOLATIONS DIRECTLY TO THE STATE OF NJ FOR IMMEDIATE CORRECTIVE ACTION
Union leaders have been reporting violations on your behalf, but now you can do the same as an individual. Our union believes that Rutgers University and its managers are failing to adhere to certain provisions of the Governor’s Executive Order 107 when any of the following occurs:
- Non-essential staff mandated to return to the workplace for any reason,
- Telework application is denied,
- Essential staff mandated to return to work for non-essential or non-critical operations (i.e. not given the option to perform the non-essential tasks from home),
- Essential staff working under unsafe or unprotected workplace conditions (i.e. improper PPE, unsanitized buildings, improper social distancing, and other unsafe directives),
- Rutgers managers not adhering to this order: “minimal number of on-site employees as possible to ensure critical operations can continue”, when creating work schedules,
- Employee threatened with disciplinary action, loss of pay or similar form of retaliation in response to compliance with this executive order or Rutgers’ own policies on telework or COVID-19-related paid leave.
Click here: REPORT VIOLATIONS DIRECTLY
Please also notify the union office at firstname.lastname@example.org about your reported violation as soon as possible.