Please click this link to the retro pay calculator that we have created to assist you in determining your new salary/bi‐weekly payment. Note that there are two sections — the top (For Unit Members Prior to 4/1/11) are entitled to receive the first retro of 2.25%; the bottom (For New Unit Members after 3/31/11) only receive the second 2.25% retro of Feb. 1, 2012.
To use the calculator enter your bi‐weekly pay in either A4 (unit members prior to 4/1/11) or A12 (new unit members after 3/31/11); the calculator will fill‐in the other details. For a standard outcome it is suggested that you put in a regular work week amount that does not include vacation, sick, other leave days, or overtime hours.
If the calculations are not correctly reflected in your March 16th paycheck please contact your department’s human resources liaison or Payroll at 732–445-3007.
URA members took up the higher education merger issue in Newark last week. Union members, students, alumni and passers‐by wrote postcards to Governor Christie and legislative leaders.
URA‐AFT and AAUP‐AFT have gone on record opposing a Rowan takeover of Rutgers‐Camden. But the effects of re‐organization will be felt across the state. If Governor Christie uses an Executive Order to slice and dice Rutgers, UMDNJ and Rowan, the process could be underway with no answers to the important questions:
- What will the re‐alignment of Rutgers, UMDNJ and Rowan cost?
- Will the costs be paid for with even higher tuition and fees?
- Will the new “NJ Health Science University” have the finances it needs once New Brunswick units are merged with Rutgers? If not, will further mergers result in Newark?
- If University Hospital becomes a “P3” (public‐private partnership), will it provide the level of care, especially charity care, that it provides now?
- If thousands of UMDNJ employees in New Brunswick and Piscataway become Rutgers employees, will there be layoffs? Who might be laid off?
- If Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and other units of UMDNJ join Rutgers without transferring all of their administrative staff, will URA members have to take on extra work, for example, payroll, purchasing, grant administration, admissions, et cetera? Will we get new lines to do this work? Will lines come from UMDNJ?
- President McCormick estimated “a one‐time expense of at least $40M” for the UMDNJ‐ Rutgers merger. Will the $30M Rutgers got from the 2009–2011 salary freeze be used to pay for the merger?
Continue reading Tell Governor Christie “Don’t Reorganize Higher Education by Executive Order”!
Rutgers community discussion on what’s going on in Trenton regarding issues that affect southern NJ, higher education, benefits, and other timely issues.
When: Tues., March 27 @ 12:00pm
Where: South ABC Conference Room, Camden Campus Center, 326 Penn Street, Camden Campus
Light refreshments served.
Please RSVP to Helen F. Pirrello
email@example.com / (732) 745‑0300