Updated March 19, 2021.
The current Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) covering 2018–2022 (“successor agreement”) is now posted here and available for immediate reference.
Other Current Agreements
- MOA (Protection of Minors Policy)
Related: Rutgers POM Website | Policy 30.1.9
- MOA (Institutional Planning and Operations)
Related: Articles 8, 16 & 28 | Policy 60.3.14
- MOU (Rutgers Ethics Program)
Related: Rutgers Ethics Website | Policy 60.3.2
- Settlement Agreement (Union is Equal to Employer)
Related: Article 14 (Grievance Procedure)
- Side Letter Agreement (Sick Leave for a Sick Child)
Related: Article 44 (Sick Leave)
- Side Letter Agreement (Vacation) — See current CBA.
- The collective bargaining agreement (CBA) is the primary union contract that spells out the terms and conditions of employment for every person who works a URA-AFT job. The current CBA completely replaces the “predecessor” CBA. Sometimes the CBA is also referred to as a collective negotiations agreement (CNA).
- Predecessor agreement — an earlier version of the CBA that is now archived/expired. Much of the language of the predecessor agreement continues to appear in the successor and some might be removed or modified.
- Successor agreement — the CBA that comes after an earlier version. It completely replaces the predecessor agreement once ratified by the union membership (the expired predecessor agreement remains in effect until then).
- A side letter agreement is usually associated with the CBA and provides clarifications or modifications of existing CBA language.
- A settlement agreement typically comes from a dispute over the CBA. For example, the union may interpret the CBA language differently than the University or file a grievance over the University’s failure to follow the CBA.
- A memorandum of agreement (MOA) or memorandum of understanding (MOU) is general term used for almost any agreement. It can be used to resolve a dispute or potential dispute. It can also be used to set any new working conditions not already covered by the CBA. For example, the union may negotiate over a new policy being considered by the University.
- URA-AFT Contract (CBA) — 2014–2018
- URA-AFT Contract (CBA) — 2011 to 2014
- URA-AFT Contract (CBA) — 2007 to 2011
- 12-Month to 10 Month Agreement — See “Article 11” in current CBA.
- County Floating Holiday Agreement — See “Article 16 — Holidays” in current CBA
- Settlement Agreement (Sick Time for Planned Appointments) — See “Article 44 — Sick Leave” in current CBA.
- MOA (Bloustein School Telecommuting) — See “Article 59 — Telecommuting” in current CBA.