Updated: March 30, 2020.
The current Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) covering 2018–2022 (“successor agreement”) is now posted here and available for immediate reference. We negotiated with Rutgers to house the appropriate telecommuting forms for Article 59 here: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/policies-resources/forms/telecommuting-forms.
Other Current Agreements
- MOA (Protection of Minors Policy)
Related: Rutgers POM Website | Policy 30.1.9
- MOA (Institutional Planning and Operations)
Related: Articles 8, 16 & 28 | Policy 60.3.14
- MOU (Rutgers Ethics Program)
Related: Rutgers Ethics Website | Policy 60.3.2
- Settlement Agreement (Union is Equal to Employer)
Related: Article 14 (Grievance Procedure)
- Side Letter Agreement (Sick Leave for a Sick Child)
Related: Article 44 (Sick Leave)
- Side Letter Agreement (Vacation) — See current CBA.
- The collective bargaining agreement (CBA) is the primary union contract that spells out the terms and conditions of employment for every person who works a URA-AFT job. The current CBA completely replaces the “predecessor” CBA. Sometimes the CBA is also referred to as a collective negotiations agreement (CNA).
- Predecessor agreement — an earlier version of the CBA that is now archived/expired.
- Successor agreement — the CBA that comes after an earlier version. It completely replaces the predecessor agreement once ratified by the union membership (the expired predecessor agreement remains in effect until then).
- A side letter agreement is usually associated with the CBA and provides clarification and/or modification of the existing CBA language.
- A settlement agreement typically comes from a dispute over the CBA. For example, the union may interpret the CBA language differently than the University or file a grievance over the University’s failure to follow the CBA.
- A memorandum of agreement (MOA) or memorandum of understanding (MOU) is used to settle a new dispute or potential dispute not usually covered by the CBA. For example, the union may negotiate over a new policy being considered by the University. It also refers to any other agreement reached between the employer and the union.
- URA-AFT Contract (CBA) — 2014–2018
- URA-AFT Contract (CBA) — 2011 to 2014
- URA-AFT Contract (CBA) — 2007 to 2011
- 12-Month to 10 Month Agreement — See “Article 11” in current CBA.
- County Floating Holiday Agreement — See “Article 16 — Holidays” in current CBA
- Settlement Agreement (Sick Time for Planned Appointments) — See “Article 44 — Sick Leave” in current CBA.
- MOA (Bloustein School Telecommuting) — See “Article 59 — Telecommuting” in current CBA.