Update: June 21, 2019.
These articles, approved by members on June 13, 2019, modify the 2014–2018 contract (below). The full contract will be posted here when available.
Other Current Agreements
- MOA (Bloustein School Telecommuting)
Related: Guidelines and Forms
- MOA (Protection of Minors Policy)
Related: Rutgers POM Website | Policy 30.1.9
- MOA (Institutional Planning and Operations)
Related: Articles 8, 16 & 28 | Policy 60.3.14
- MOU (Rutgers Ethics Program)
Related: Rutgers Ethics Website | Policy 60.3.2
- Settlement Agreement (Sick Time for Planned Appointments)
Related: Guidance from URA‐AFT
- Settlement Agreement (Union is Equal to Employer)
Related: Article 14 (Grievance Procedure)
- Side Letter Agreement (Sick Leave for a Sick Child)
Related: Article 44 (Sick Leave)
- Side Letter Agreement (Vacation) — See current CBA
- The collective bargaining agreement (CBA) is the primary union contract that spells out the terms and conditions of employment. The current CBA completely replaces the archived/expired versions of the CBA.
- A side letter agreement is usually associated with the CBA and provides clarification and/or modification of the existing CBA language.
- A settlement agreement typically comes from a dispute over the CBA. For example, the union may interpret the CBA language differently than the University or file a grievance over the University’s failure to follow the CBA.
- A memorandum of agreement (MOA) or memorandum of understanding (MOU) is used to settle a new dispute or potential dispute not usually covered by the CBA. For example, the union may negotiate over a new policy being considered by the University.