- Be assigned to a building or a department
- Welcome new employees and recruit them to become full-dues paying members
- Communicate information about union activities and positions to members
- Communicate member’s input on union activities and positions to the Executive Board, Bargaining Committee or other bodies.
- Mobilize members to join union activities and campaigns
- Be eligible for a yearly stipend of up to $780 based on activity reports to the campus lead steward
- Be eligible for an incentive program for recruiting full-dues paying members. Receive the same legal and contractual protection as shop stewards for their union activity