- Be a full URA‐AFT member in good standing
- Attend training to become an effective union representative
- See that the union functions well and accomplishes its goals of serving the members in the workplace
- Be a workplace leader, representative, organizer, and communicator
- Serve as first line of contact for members when workplace problems occur. These may include violations of the contract and/or non‐grievable issues.
- Contract enforcement
- Employer/union liaison
- Supportive guide
Responsibilities in addition to the duties of building rep, URA Stewards receive training and learn the basics of:
- The URA‐AFT contract
- Rutgers University Policies and Procedures that apply to our membership
- The URA‐AFT Grievance procedure
- How to distinguish between complaints & grievances
- For non‐grievable issues, the steward may provide advice and ongoing guidance to the member and/or meet with the supervisor to help resolve the problem.
- How to investigate, write up, and present a grievance
- Interview member to determine the nature and scope of the problem. In cases of potential contract violations, set up a step 1 informal meeting with the supervisor and file a grievance form. See the contract for time lines for the grievance process. Represent member in step 1 meeting and coordinate future meetings as needed.
- Advise lead campus steward and/or union staff of problems and grievances.
- Help mobilize members to attend union events and activities, and to participate in legislative action alerts or other forms of advocacy.
- Help educate and inform members about the contract and any subsequent agreements with management.
- Be eligible for an incentive program for recruiting full‐dues paying members.
Be eligible for stipend of $75/month, based upon activities as reported to Lead Steward.